Thursday, June 20, 2013

Perfection

In case you have not noticed by now, I am not perfect. I have not been, am not, and will never be able to hold the honor of perfection.
 
 
 
And you know what? This does not bother me. Although I wish dearly that I could prove myself and always do what is right, I know that I will fail. I am aware that no matter how much I resist, I will be tempted with sin for my entire life.
 
 
 
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 3:23
 
 
 
The truth that I cling to is that I will not have to fight this battle on my own. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is by my side. It is through Him that I am cleansed and can become as close to perfect as I can be in my earthly body. I anxiously await the day that I will be able to be clothed in garbs as white as freshly fallen snow and know that I am indeed perfect.
 
~
 
I am off to the beach, my lovelies. My attempts to gain a tan will most likely backfire (like they always do) and I will return looking like this guy:
 
Teehee.
 
 
Forever and Always a JesusChick ♥

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I always feel like I need to do better...it's hard to let go of trying to be perfect. God will help us become all that we need to be and more than we ever imagined. It's hard to believe (for me) sometimes though...okay a lot of times, haha. I hope you have a good time at the beach!!! (and don't turn into a lobster, promise me!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so relived that I am not alone!
      I do not make promises I cannot keep. ;) I will try my best to not become said sea creature but, alas, my pale skin is like a magnet for sunrays. I am a native Floridian but I cannot tan to save my life...go figure.

      Delete
  2. Haha! :) I just got back from the beach... I look like 'that guy'. XD
    Love this post. <3 Have a great time!
    Xox. Kayla
    loveandjoycanchangetheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...well that is a bit of a problem :) Haha. You aren't alone in your beachy-like shame, I'm supposed to be a good country girl but I've only gone swimming once and have only worn shorts 6(?) times maybe and I don't have a bathing suit yet :P But very seriously...don't burn up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be perfect! You will get a tan. I hope. The stupid lobster guy is not you! :) Don't worry my lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with knowing that I will never be perfect until I reach Heaven, too. But then I remember that Jesus died for me, even with all my imperfections :)

    I can never get a tan. I always end up looking like "that guy", too.

    I'm glad I found your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love? ♥