Monday, October 28, 2013

Allegiant ~ A reflection post {No spoilers}



"It was just a book."

My expression morphs from showcasing my bewilderment to one of masked pain. Do they not realize how much of my life was invested in those pages?

"They were fictitious characters."

For me, they were entirely real. I could count on the characters of these books to be there for me even after weeks of separation due to forgetting them on the bookshelf. They were always prepared to lend a hug whenever I needed a hand to hold or a laugh to brighten my day. I felt as if we shared a connection.

"Why would you care so deeply about a book series?"

It is through this series that I bonded with an amazing group of individuals. Without these books, I would have never been introduced to the most flawless fangirls I have ever met. (       )

"None of it was real."

No, I will admit that. Everything was fictional. But the truths that they taught me were not. These books inspired me to be more kind to others, embrace my fears, hunger for knowledge, be honest even when it can be painful, and demonstrate a selfless love for everyone I encounter.

"It's not like that was the last book the author was ever going to write."

For two years, I have been reading this series and anxiously awaiting the day when all of my questions could finally be answered in the final book. Now that this day has arrived and the mesmerizing experience of reading the book for the first time is complete, it will never provide me with the same thrill. This journey has came to an end and there was no way that I could have prepared myself for the emotional turmoil that I am now experiencing.

"It was just a book."

I know. That's what hurts the most.

Forever and Always a JesusChick ♥

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. NOOOO!!! No tears! I am so sorry, darling! Please don't cry on me!

      Delete
  2. I feel this way with every book I read!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can completely relate to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post totally sums up with what I felt after reading Allegiant. I'm not sure what to think about it (the book).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting to get it! Haven't gotten around to going to the book store yet. :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book was so sad,touching,and just beautiful. I loved page 372! I just was a mess when I finished it,that book killed me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love? ♥