Friday, December 30, 2011

2 Challenges for myself

Okay, so a new year just around the corner. That means everyone is going to be making their New Years resolutions and what not. You could consider me one of those people. I'm the girl who starts into it, but then slows down, then gives up.

Not this year. This year I am determinded to complete 2 things.


Challenge numero uno: Go a year without soda.


Well I'm to attempt it. We recently borrowed the new Tim Tebow book Through My Eyes from our local library. When Tim was younger, his parents told him soda would not help his body. They challenged him to go a year without soda, and if he did, they would give him $100. Well, he did it and he always drinks water now where ever he goes.


I actually started this on the 10th of this month with my sisters. So, since next year is a Leap Year, I'll finish this challenge on the 9th of December 2012.


Challenge numero dos: 365 miles in 365 days


My mom signed my sisters and I up for a marathon. We complete 25 miles on our own, then on race day, we go and complete the 1.2 miles, so we actually do complete a 26.2 marathon. This takes place February 18th so I've still got a bit.


I started this challenge on the 20th of this month and I already have the 27 miles down. I've been fast-walking/running them. I'm going to try to get as many miles in as I can while the weather is cool, since in the summer, I'd be dying outside.


Why am I blogging about this? I'd love it if I could get y'alls support. I know if I have to keep you all updated on my progress, then I will actually continue to complete these challenges. I have a couple more challenges for myself, these are just the larger ones that I thought I would share.


By the way, I'd love it if I could hear your new year challenges as well!


~Peace, love, sisters messing up song lyrics making you die laughing~



P.S. And because I couldn't possibly create a post without a picture of some sort, I leave you with this:

7 comments:

  1. wow! thats what I call CHALLENGE!

    :)

    --Rachel

    I hope you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple Syrup,
    I couldn't live a year without soda. YOU CAN DO IT THOUGH! :)) I do have some.....such as......eating healthier, getting more followers,reading my bible everyday,etc,. haha. :)

    sincerely,
    Cindi Lou Who

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome!!! I went off soda for a looooong time because it would make my heart race, but this is awesom! I think that would like to try that... All I need is water anyway!! Hmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year without soda?
    For me: Impossible
    for you: totally possible.
    yay! Go JesusChick! You can do it, and a marathon? Sheesh, girl, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great challenges! :) I don't like soda, which is good since it's not that healthy. I'm sure you'll achieve those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is so fun! I considered the no soda thing, but I think I'm just going to majorly limit it. Haven't had any yet! And the running thing sounds fun! I love to run and this year I have a goal to run a 10K... we'll see if it happens.

    -Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the support you guys! It means a lot :))

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love? ♥