Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reminder

[Since I will be gone tomorrow, this post doubles as my Wordless Wednesday Christmas version part 2]


The Christmas season for me is filled with lots of things. Memories. Bright lights. Daydreams in front of the Christmas tree. Having fun with my siblings. Getting into a fake-fight over whether "huger" is a word with my little sister, and then somehow the two of us start fake-arguing in British accents. Baking cookies. Decorating cookies. These are all my essentials to making this time of year grand.



But in the mist of all the gift wrap and tinsel, we seem to forget what Christmas is all about.



Over 2,000 years ago, a little baby was born in a manger. The Lord sent His only son to save us from our sins, since we could not save ourselves. You nor I had the power to save us, only He does.



So please, its alright to be excited because there is a giant box under your tree with your name on it. Its okay to put up all the Christmas decorations and be excited to see all the lights turn on. Its perfectly fine to want to go out Christmas shopping. Just please don't get so caught up that you forget what this time of year really is celebrated for.












~Peace, love and shooting stars~





7 comments:

Leave me some love? ♥